SFM is a multi-company accounting system however a requirement may arise to restrict the access of certain users to certain companies. On starting SFM when multiple companies are installed, the user is presented with a list of the available companies to enable the user to select the SFM company that the user wishes to work on.
SFM supports such controls as part of the user rights mechanism. SFM's access rights are allocated to User Groups and users enjoy the rights of the User Group to which they are allocated. All this functionality is accessible via the Group & Permissions functionality.
To limit the companies accessible to users in a group following these steps:
- Click on the Administration-->Groups & Permissions menu option
- This will present you with the Groups & Permissions grid listing the various User Groups created on the system.
- Select the User Group of the users that you wish to restrict access to
- Click on the Companies Viewable by .... tab in the grid where the ... is replaced by the name of the selected User Group.
- If this grid does not contain any companies list than all the companies on SFM will be viewable in the list of available companies during the Company Selection dialog at start-up of SFM
- If you wish to restrict the users allocated to that User Group from only accessing a selection of the companies installed, then click on the + icon. You will be presented with a grid that allows at the bottom left side to select the first of the companies to be viewed.
- Select the company from the list provided and click on the Post button.
- Repeat this process for each of the companies to be viewed.
Please note that the list of companies in this grid should ONLY INCLUDE THE COMPANIES THAT YOU WISH THE USERS ALLOCATED TO THE SELECTED USER GRPUPS TO SEE.
Should you wish to restrict the companies available to a different user group, click on the Groups
tab and repeat the process.